STUDENT ACHIEVEMENT DAY 2021 INFO for PARENTS and STUDENTS
Theme: Making our Music go Viral!
Date: May 1, 2021
Student Achievement Day (STAD) is sponsored by the Fort Collins Music Teachers Association (FCMTA), in conjunction with the Colorado State Music Teachers Association (CSMTA). Each student will perform the requirements plus two and no more than five options on one video submission. Listeners are piano teachers from Fort Collins and the surrounding areas. Students will receive a state certificate, and also encouraging and constructive comments upon the completion of their performance. This is a noncompetitive event.
- To recognize achievement in musical study
- To encourage music students in their study
- To recognize and encourage related talents and interests
- To provide a happy musical experience, for a feeling of accomplishment in students
- To support and guide the teacher in the effort to provide a quality music education for each student
Fee: The fee to enter each student is $15. Checks should be made out to your teacher and turned in by the registration deadline.
Requirements: One piece memorized, One piece with music, Complete two Options. Name the key of each piece, play the appropriate scale, and answer theory questions pertaining to each piece (as appropriate per level). There are 12 levels. Your teacher will decide at which level your child is best suited. The performance level, options level, and game room levels may be different.
Super Achiever Requirements: Both pieces memorized and played satisfactorily. FIVE options, all completed satisfactorily (One of the options must be a written test with a score of at least 80%). * Super Achievers will receive special acknowledgment for the extra effort.
Theme Sticker-play a piece, do a project, report, or dance related to the theme.
Options: (For explanations of these please talk to your teacher)
1. Additional piece memorized
2. Additional piece with music
3. Written Theory Test
4. Terms and signs test
5. Music History test (not available for 2021 virtual event)
6. Ear training test (not available for 2021 virtual event)
10. Sight Reading
11. Playing from a lead sheet
14. Dress in character costume pertaining to the theme (not available for 2021 virtual event)
15. Perform on a 2nd instrument
17. Art related to music-Deadline: ASK YOUR TEACHER
18. Construction project related to music-Deadline: ASK YOUR TEACHER
19. Written project (report, scrapbook)-Deadline: ASK YOUR TEACHER
20. Written review of concert or CD-Deadline: ASK YOUR TEACHER
22. Original composition-Deadline: ASK YOUR TEACHER-due early FEB
23. Serving as a teen helper (not available for 2021 virtual event)
25. Try 2 TECHNOLOGY CENTERS (not available for 2021 virtual event)
26. Music game room-do all four centers (not available for 2021 virtual event)
27. Collaborative performance
April 1, 2021 - Registration deadline
April 17, 2021 - Compositions due to Don Hahn
April 24 - PHOTOS of all art and construction projects and PDF files of all written projects due to Art and Projects chairperson
April 24-30 - Teachers administer theory tests in their studios
May 1 - All videos are due to Vanessa Felhauer no later than 5pm. Please submit videos to your teacher, who will forward them to Vanessa.
May 10 - Comments and award will be available for pickup by teachers (no student pickup please) at Piano Center of the Rockies